30 June 2006


Napier Rose Quilt
This quilt was started to use up a charm pack of 1 1/2 inch squares that my mum gave me. It had been lying around in my sewing basket for years. As usual with my quilts it kind of grew organically from there and I ended up using up loads of scraps and having to buy fabric to finish it off. It is based loosley on a Kaffe Fasset pattern. Originally I was going to machine quilt it, but there were problems and I could not stop the back from slideing around no matter how many safety pins I used. So it is my first hand quilted large quilt. The design inspiration for the quilting came from Rennie McIntosh's Glasgow rose and the stain glass roses of Louis Hay, who was one of the art deco architects that rebuilt Napier after the earthquake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails