I kept checking Trade Me to see if I could pick up some lumps of rimu that we could convert. After months and months of looking we found this couple of table tops complete with chewing gum.
Now all is needed is the long section under the window. I have a cunning plan more about that soon.
The sink is at last fitted into a work surface, the wrong work surface, but at least there are no more gaps.
The french doors will eventually get put in place, just not for another few months, maybe next Spring. The nights are too cold now to have a large hole cut out of the wall.After all the work we were shut out of our lovely kitchen while my eldest son and his mate were working on some software. Which we did not really mind as they were doing it for the Red Cross in Christchurch. Well done guys.