13 July 2011

A tale of two cities - city two - Auckland

Two days after we got back from Christchurch we left home and headed for Auckland - driving this time. One flying trip was enough for me. Auckland had that buzz about it that you expect to find in a big city. That buzz that I thought was missing from Christchurch. Hopefully that buzz will return to them soon.


We stayed in the suburb of Ponsonby, just far enough out of the central city to be away from the sky scrapers. But close enough to have these views.

In an amazing suburban apartment.

With views looking out over Ponsonby to the sunset. We were just far enough away from the main street not to hear the traffic, but close enough to enjoy the best chip shop, the beautiful cafes and the very interesting people.

Lots of cool houses to "Oh look at that one" over.
I nipped out in the morning for a stroll to take some snaps of interesting stuff.


The church window is the only daisy I noticed, I am sure there were lots more I just did not see them.

There was lots of lovely food. So lovely my son had double helpings of crepe and had to be dragged away still asking for more.

The reason for our trip was to see some dinosaurs in the Walking with Dinosaurs spectacular. And it was a spectacular. And it was really worth it - our youngest found the whole experience amazing. I don't think he has ever been that quiet, ever.


And just to finish it all off we passed this caravan at the side of the road on the way back home. I wonder if it had had its tyres pinched!

2 comments:

Sweet Mary said...

cute caravan

ferestre lemn said...

I was there two years ago and i was impressed. Unfortunately i had no time to visit it very well because i was there for only two days, but i hope to visit it again very soon. I recommend this place, it is very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails