22 April 2012

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day.  We had a very quick trip out to Urban Green Living in Havelock North.  An amazing urban garden.   Do go have a look at the website it explains more than I can.
Every bit of space is put to good use, including a bee hive on the balcony, where tomato plants grow out of the bottom of hanging buckets.
Grass powered lawn mowing device.  Just have to be careful its only the lawn gets mowed.

One day we will have one of these, maybe I could get Peter a place on one of the Pizza Oven building courses for his birthday.
Even the mail box has a green roof and the verge is planted with sweet corn and pumpkins.  I have to say the chickens basking in the sun under the raspberries are the fattest, healthiest chickens I have seen in ages.  Peter is very keen to have hens in our garden, I am not so sure and still need a bit of convincing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails