10 March 2007


In our changes to the side garden Peter has made a couple of raised beds. To fill them we have been adding to the bottom a layer of kitchen scraps. In the first bed Peter must have added some pumpkin seeds. Which have all sprouted and the whole bed is full to the brim with pumpkin plants, as you can see from the pumpkin on the right (hmm I mean the left). I am not sure if it is too late in the season for them to be growing. But with a bit of good weather, which we have in abundance here in Hawkes Bay. We should have enough pumpkins to keep us in pumpkin soup all winter.
If you have never had pumpkin soup, give it a try. It is the easiest soup to make and has the best creamy texture I have ever tasted. My favourites are Pumpkin and Tomato, Pumpkin and Spinich and Curried Pumpkin soup. Leave a comment if you want me to post the recipes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails