12 August 2007

Skiing



The reason for our holiday was to go skiing. My two oldest kids can ski, but Peter and I had only briefly tried it as teenagers and my youngest is also a beginner. At first it looked like the weather would be good. But as we drove further up towards Rauapehu the cloud cover got lower and lower and visibility got worse and worse. I had hoped to get lots of pictures of Ruapehu and the surrounding area. No chance, at one point we could not even see the other skiiers two feet in front of us! Out of three days there we only managed half a day on the slopes in almost white out conditions. On Sunday even the beginners area was closed.
Maybe next time the weather will be better and I will get the photos I would like.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails