15 April 2010

Wellington Ukulele Orchestra

I love living in New Zealand. I love the life style and the culture. This evening we went to see the amazing Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. It was 10 times better than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be really good. They did covers from ELO, Cream, the Smiths, the Beatles and Salt and Pepper to name a few. In a slight aside, I did not like the Smiths, too much angst for me, I just wanted to tell them to pull the socks up and get on with life, but I really enjoy their music if other artists perform it. A bit of a shame I missed out on so much excellent song writing, I should be more open minded. Back to the Ukulele Orchestra, if you ever get the chance to see them, go don't think about it just buy the tickets, you will have a brilliant time. In fact I want a Ukulele myself now. I forgot to mention the amazing performance of a local ukulele player. I am sorry I forgot his name. But he played George Harrison's "While my guitar gently weeps" on an electric ukulele, he was incredible.

1 comment:

Jen said...

vert nice :)

pleased you had a good time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails