24 January 2008

Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks

While away on holiday last week I read the above book. I had given it to Peter to hide before the holiday so I would not be tempted to read it. I love Christopher Brookmyre's books. I like his style of writing, kind of a cross between Carl Hiassen and Ian Rankin. I particularly enjoy the way he has a good rant, I also like to have a good rant about things that worry me, so far his rants have been a spot on match to my own (just done with a lot more eloquence). This particular book did not make me laugh out loud as much as some of his others did, but this did not make it any less enjoyable. I thought I knew where the plot was going, but did not get the last twist at all. Beware if you are new to this author, his books are not for the feint hearted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails