Keriann over at Sweet Mary nominated me to join in with the Tree of Happiness meme. So here goes these are six of the things that make me happy -
1. Messing about with my kids and hubbie. Today Peter and I were working in the lower garden. My eldest and youngest joined us to help, but ended up messing about on the creek in the little dingy. I love watching them and listening to them having fun. That makes me very happy.
2. Peter my hubbie makes me very, very happy.
3. Having friends around so we can sit around eating (Peter's delicious cooking) and drinking, talking and laughing. Last night Keriann and Ian came round for a meal it was good to see them both.
4. Walking in the early morning. Where ever we are, either at home or on holiday, I love to head out in the early morning and stroll around taking pictures. There is something about the early morning light and the promise of a new day.
5. Music makes me happy. I have very eclectic taste in music and love everything from Louis Armstrong to The Gorillaz, passing the Monkees on the way. Certain songs can be guaranteed to lift my spirits and get me singing along, rather tunelessly.
6. Number 6 is life itself. I love life and all that goes with it. Sometimes the difficult things feel as if they will never go away. But then you look around you and see some tiny thing that reminds me that bad times do pass and the sun will shine again. I love living here in New Zealand with the sun shining and appreciate how lucky we are to be able to do this.
I would like to nominate my hubbie Peter to share with us his tree of happiness, and since he has two blogs, I think he should do two trees of happiness, one without food and one with food. Over to you Peter.