22 April 2009

Food Fads

I am not a fussy eater, but I am a bit of a faddy eater. I get cravings for foods every so often. I think it is important to pay attention to these craving, as it is probably your body needing something that causes the craving. A month or so ago it was avocados, I could not eat enough of them. I am still very keen on the avocados and live in the perfect place to get fresh and delicious avocados easily. But I have moved on to ....... porridge. I would eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. I am not sure if it is the change in the weather or if it is the fact that the evenings have started to draw in or even if it is because I need to build up bone in my ankle. And yes that is sugar you can see on top of the porridge. Peter calls it luxury porridge because I make it with milk not with water. His Scottish roots showing again. And not that he ever refuses to share it when I make some.

2 comments:

gayle said...

I love that photo, you can quite clearly see the porridge. I don't like porridge but I love making it for my husband. There is that moment when it starts to smell sweet, I think that starches are released or something but it is just so lovely. Sometimes I grate an apple into it before I put it on the heat, and as well as the milk I add a wee bit of apple juice. He says it is really nice. Sometimes I put raspberries in it, I love the colour it makes, and blueberries just before serving it is very nice too. Perhaps you only eat yours unadorned!

Sweet Mary said...

I love porridge too - especially with golden syrup on top.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails