30 June 2008

Art happens and today's daisies

While trying to recover from jet lag Peter and I decided to go and see an exhibition at the Hawkes Bay Museum in Napier, "Idle hands are the Devil's Workshop ". If I had stayed at home I would have fallen asleep. The exhibiton was of two creative people, Frank Butler's quilts ...
..... and Mrs Lilla Esam, who made banners from her stamp collection.

An amazing thought provoking exhibition. Again I have to credit Peter with the words. Art happens, if the creativity is there within you it will find a way out. People will use what ever they have at hand to produce the most amazing work.
I was so inspired by the quilts, I wanted to rush home and do some quilting. It also made me think about labeling my own quilts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails