30 June 2008

Movies, movies and more movies

I am just back from a quick trip to the UK, of which I will post more in the next couple of days. I am tired and slightly jet lagged from all the flying. Thank goodness that you can watch movies now on long haul flights. Here is a quick list of the movies I watched.

Jumpers - Ok action movie.

27 Dresses - Again ok romantic comedy. But this is such an over used romantic comedy plot. Girl meets boy that she is not really attracted too, boy tries to get to know girl for ulterior motive (no not the obvious one), girl falls for boy, boy falls for girl, the ulterior motive is revealed, girl betrayed rushes off upset, boy does dramatic gestior to get girl back. We have all seen this before in countless films, but still enjoyable.

Vantage Point - Again ok action movie.

Juno - Movie about a pregnant teenager finding parents for her child. Brilliant the best movie I watched.

Annie Liebovitz: Life through a lens - Excellent documentary about the photographer Annie Liebovitz.

St Trinians - As a big fan of the original St Trinians I was unsure about watching this one. Thankfully it turned out to be OK, not great but OK.

Cleaner - Very, very gory, not for the squeamish. Again I enjoyed this one, but the plot was a bit obvious. Right from the start I knew who had committed the crime.

Definitely Maybe - A bit cheesy. Always difficult for cute kids in romantic movies not to end up cheesy. Even so I would recommend watching this if you have some time to kill.

Bucket List - I had heard a lot of good things about this film. I didn't find it that good, but that could have been because I was so totally exhausted when I watched it. I found it a bit boring and again a bit of an obvious plot. I like some good twists and turns in my movies.

The first photo above was taken of the moon over the tip of the aeroplane's wing at dawn as we flew over Afganhistan. The pic below is of early morning mists over New Zealand, somewhere in the Taupo area. You will be able to see more of these pics on my Picasa Web Albums soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails