08 July 2008

The Latest Project and Today's Daisies #59


At the moment I have so many projects on the go. One quilt half pieced, one quilt in design phase, three quilts that need backed, 3 tablecloths to make, pj trousers to make, 2 dressing gowns to make, one hand pieced hexagon quilt started and one hand pieced tea cosy started. So, I just thought I might as well start another project. This one has to be completed by Sunday 20th July, as I am off to my first baby shower. I have never been to a baby shower before, it is not really a Scottish thing. I was quite looking forward to it until the girls at work pointed out that it was a bit of a cross between a Tupperware party, where you don't spend money, and a hen party! Anyway back to the quilt. As I don't know if the baby is a girl or boy and I don't know the pregnant girl very well, I was really stumped. I had no idea of colours or patterns. Then I saw a pattern for a scrappy quilt with little castle like houses and little faces peeping out of the windows, I was inspired. I did not have any fabric with little people on I am using animals at the windows instead. So far I have only used fabrics from my scrap bags and my stash, which makes me feel very thrifty. I love scrappy quilts. The coolest thing is I get to put some daisy fabrics in the foreground of each block, and it does not matter if the baby is a boy.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I love scrappy quilts too....looking fab so far!

JustJess said...

Oooh! This looks wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails