03 July 2008

Sometimes you just have to say..........

Why me! and Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Disaster has struck again. Even a simple thing like renting a car seems to go wrong. We booked and paid for our car rental through the travel agent. It will be much cheaper they said. Hmmmm. Today $2023 was charged from Hertz the car rental peole onto my credit card. After a fortunes worth of phone calls to the UK and running around with credit card statements. Hertz say I extended the hire of the car for three extra days from the 27th till 29th, which cost more than the original hire. How can I have done that when I flew out of UK on the 27th, I said. Do you have proof, they said. Fingers crossed they accept the stamped passport, travel itinerary and boarding passes for our flight as proof. Meanwhile our credit card is now over the limit, I have been charged $50 currency exchange, plus interest for the pleasure of using Hertz. Never, ever again. If there is a silver lining to this cloud, please could somebody point it out for me.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

Can you make a travel insurance claim for all of the extra costs?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails