06 July 2008

Mid Winter Christmas

One of the brilliant things about New Zealand is you get two christmases each year. One in December and one in June, mid winter down here. The mid winter christmas is usually just a christmas meal, none of the hassle of pressies. Yesterday we went to Keriann and Ian's for a very, very delicious christmas meal. As is also traditional in New Zealand, you take along a plate of something yourself. I was going to do a Pavlova but was worried that it would not be good enough. New Zealand is after all the home of the pavlova. So just incase I did my usual christmas pear, chocolate and cranberry trifle too. The pavlova worked out ok thanks to my work mate Vikki's instructions. So I took them both, you can never have too many desserts. Unfortunatly I don't have any pics of the meal itself, I forgot to take my camera.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

I love homemade pav...it's one of my favourite desserts...I wish I could grab it through the screen...yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails