06 July 2008

This is my most treasured childhood possesion ...


This chair is about the only childhood position that I have, and I love it. I don't know what happened to the rest of them. There are a few things I wish I still had, like my Dolls House and my copies of the Narnia series. The chair is made of yew and oak, and has one rail missing on the back, an accident when my middle kid used it as a seesaw! Which in a way is a good thing. The chair without the damage was very old and very, very valuable. Now it is not worth as much so I can relax, not worry and enjoy it. And yes just in case you wondered, I can still fit into it with a lot of squeezing.

3 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

That is a gorgeous little chair. I'd like to have an adult sized one they are so comfy.

JustJess said...

This is beautiful Nic - all the better for new memories from the middle child!

Danielle said...

That's a beautiful old chair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails